Monday, September 1, 2008

Speak when spoken to

I am not sure if this is noticeable to my fellow creatives, but rarely do I offer critiques in front of the class. Reasons for this are: 1. It takes me a while to convey my precise thoughts and 2. By the time I have formulated what I've wanted to say, it's most likely been pieced together by the class and the presenter. Granted, there have been times where I have not agreed with what has been said in class, by either the class or the professor, but I do recognize that this is a subjective field and that I am still rather inexperienced at knowing what a good ad is.

I believe that it was at the end of my 3rd quarter here at the Circus that Bob Morrison told me that I had a combative spirit and that I should give way to at least hear what has to be said and then take it for what it's worth. I wonder if I haven't taken it too far and become a door mat of ideas, taking sh*t, but not really giving any of it out.

If anyone wants my honest opinion, I'll be around.

"A slap in the face is better in the long run than a pat on the back" - Whatever You Think, Think Opposite

No comments: