Monday, September 1, 2008

"Become a shameless self promoter"

Two of the greatest men in the entertainment business knew this: PT Barnum and Harry Houdini. The quote also goes well in hand with "The greatest power on earth is that of gossip."

Applying these two quotes to my life, I'm doing a social experiment, using myself as the guinea pig. Though a combination of actions and stories (all real, but all decidedly chosen), I am seeing if I can create a mostly positive, almost mystical, reputation. The reason for this documentation is to show that a reputation can be custom built.

Ground work
1. Work hard
2. Rarely party
3. Keep mostly quiet
4. Being helpful both in general and with technical work

Intermediate
1. Personal stories
a. Suspension from school for a weapon
b. Almost getting sent to juvie for computer hacking
c. Personal injuries ranging from the chivalrous to the inquisitive
2. Eventually creating a unique style of dress (probably won't happen before I leave the circus, but the groundwork will hopefully be put in)

Advanced
1. Falling asleep in the trunk space of a suburban driven by a New York Marine in full "let's go" fashion
2. Reading alot (particularly reading the graphic novel Watchmen in two days)

Note the ground work wouldn't change as that is who I really am, but those are listed there to show what sets me apart initially. The rest of my actions are handpicked with the social experiment in mind.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Glad I could help.